Saturday, September 16, 2023

Chase Field: visit the Arizona Diamondbacks

 When I visited Phoenix in May 2019,  I went to a Diamondbacks vs Braves game.  I remember the heat in Arizona as I waited to get into the stadium.  This is one of the enclosed ballparks, due to extreme heat. I was happy to be out of the heat when I made it to my seats.

For this trip, I got there super early.  I was able to see the batting practice of the visitors, ATL Braves. What is nice about batting practice is that you can video and take pictures to your heart’s content.  I did just that.


What I liked about this ballpark was that the arena was comfortable in terms of temperature (temp is a factor when you watch games).  I enjoyed the vantage point from my seat.  I was able to get a good view of the action. The big screen kept me up to date and allowed me to see the replays, which is like watching from your television at home.  There is something about being in a live sports event though. Television viewing of a baseball game doesn’t capture the vibe of the Arizona fans around me.  I enjoyed the game, especially when Braves lose. If you do not have a horse in the race, root for the home team (my motto).





No comments:

Post a Comment

Finished my Quest: Dodgers Stadium

 Success achieved! I went to all 30 MLB parks as of 2024.  I visited Dodgers stadium (1962), the 3rd oldest behind Wrigley (1914)  and Fenwa...