Saturday, September 2, 2023

Wasted on a franchise: great players that do not reach post season

 Let’s talk about the Anaheim Angels (renamed Los Angeles Angels). What a waste of great players (Trout, Ohtani)!  They are technically still in the race, but most baseball experts agree that they will miss the post season again despite having 2 of the best players on their team.  How do we explain it? That is baseball. The teams play 162 games so it is a long season littered with ebbs and flows, injuries, as well as stretches of bad baseball and winning/losing streaks.

I visited the Angels stadium in August 2019.  It was a pretty stadium, that lauded their 2002 World Series championship.  There was lots of photos of Ohtani and Trout around ballpark.  I was not overly impressed with the food.  I liked my visit there but it was average park in my estimation. 

Below is a photo of Trout (#27) at the plate.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Finished my Quest: Dodgers Stadium

 Success achieved! I went to all 30 MLB parks as of 2024.  I visited Dodgers stadium (1962), the 3rd oldest behind Wrigley (1914)  and Fenwa...