Tuesday, August 22, 2023

How I Started My Journey

 I started in Toronto many years ago, approximately 2010. It was my 1st game in Rogers centre (aka SkyDome, bottom picture), the home of the Toronto Blue Jays. The Jays played the Twins. The visiting team won by 1 score (Toronto Jays 4  - Minnesota Twins 5). Even though I was as disappointed as the rest of the crowd, I enjoyed my time at the ballpark.  I wanted to do more visits to Major League Baseball (MLB) ballparks.

 I have been to many local Phillies games, even Triple A Lehigh Valley Iron pigs (Phillies minor league, top picture) games in Allentown. If the ballpark is a day trip via car/train (less than 4 hrs), I consider it local.   An idea popped in my mind.  Wouldn’t it be cool to see all 30 MLB stadiums?  From that point on, I started recording my journey to visit ALL the active parks.  In 2023, I have been to 29 of the 30 parks, for I visited Oakland A’s stadium last weekend. It has taken me years to get to this point.  This blog is my chance to reflect upon my journey.  Stay tuned. My plan is to blog at minimum twice a week until the end of season.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Finished my Quest: Dodgers Stadium

 Success achieved! I went to all 30 MLB parks as of 2024.  I visited Dodgers stadium (1962), the 3rd oldest behind Wrigley (1914)  and Fenwa...