Thursday, August 24, 2023

End of Regular Season to Playoffs: Every game means more if team is IN THE RACE

       Baseball becomes a lot more interesting when the teams competing are still in the hunt for a playoff spot. My Phillies are on top of the NL wild card race. Chicago Cubs and  Arizona Diamondbacks have the other 2 spots as of  Aug. 25th.  

The Atlanta Braves have locked down the NL East by being 13.5 games ahead of the second place Phillies.  The only way to get in for the Phillies is to hold on to their wild card spot.

       What does this have to do with my ballpark journey?   As a season holder, I am scheduled to see the Phillies play the St. Louis Cardinals this weekend at Citizen’s Bank park. I am excited for this because Phillies have the opportunity to win the series at home.  I will be adding to my cheers as I contribute to the atmosphere of the winning team.  That is the hope of all the diehard Phillies fans. I will talk about my trip to the Bank after I attend the game. Go Phillies!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Finished my Quest: Dodgers Stadium

 Success achieved! I went to all 30 MLB parks as of 2024.  I visited Dodgers stadium (1962), the 3rd oldest behind Wrigley (1914)  and Fenwa...