Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Game 7: NLCS for Phils

 Can you believe after 141 years, this is the first Game 7 in Phillies franchise history?  

I am watching the game from home, rather than at the Bank.  Both of the championship series, National League and American League, had to go to a Game 7.  The team that wins the 7 game series moves on to the World Series, for the honor of winning the commissioner’s trophy.  The Texas Rangers punched their ticket yesterday, by beating the 2022 Champs, Houston Astros. Either Diamondbacks or Phillies will move on after today’s game to the World Series; the losing team ends their season.


I am anxious, but will pay attention to every strike, ball, hit and run.  Hopefully, Ranger Suarez pitches a good game and the offense wakes up. Go Phils!

Update: Unfortunately, Phils bats were not there tonight. Credit goes to the Arizona bullpen. The main guys in Phils lineup could not get base hits.  We left so many players stranded in a 4-2 game. NLCS series was a terrible time to get into a slump. The Pitching was there (eg. Wasted good start by Wheeler and solid bullpen); the offense let us down.  It reminds me of the time we lost to Cardinals in divisional round in 2011. We could not hit and play fundamentals (singles, RBIs). I am disappointed, but I still support my team and love the game.  I am waiting until single game tickets go on sale for the LA Dodgers. Once they are available, I will book a trip to my 30th MLB ballpark, Dodgers Stadium.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Finished my Quest: Dodgers Stadium

 Success achieved! I went to all 30 MLB parks as of 2024.  I visited Dodgers stadium (1962), the 3rd oldest behind Wrigley (1914)  and Fenwa...