Thursday, September 7, 2023

Denver stadium - Visit Coors field

Next stop that I would like to discuss was my trip to Denver to visit the home stadium of Colorado Rockies, Coors Field. What a view as I watched a night game in May 2023!  The stadium was surrounded by the Rocky mountains.  Those who play here have to get used to the altitude and how far the baseball travels in the mountain air.  Because of these facts, this ballpark, opened in 1995, is considered a hitter’s park.  Many MLB pitchers dread pitching in this stadium. I saw why when I saw all the hits made by both teams during the game.

My favorite memory of this park was the pre-game atmosphere, walking into the park.  You can feel the excitement of the Rockies fans as they hit concession stands and made their way to their seats.  I have been to Denver before, but this was the first time I have been able to fit a game in.  I do not remember the score on that day in May. I checked on ESPN based upon the date. Aside, this is why it is nice that I have all the ticket stubs of the games I have seen as well as the MLB app to remind me of my digital tickets.  The score was 10 Rockies - 7 Mets. Verlander (future Hall of Famer) pitched for New York.  Colorado hitters had clutch hitting vs Verlander. I enjoyed my stay in Denver. Baseball was fun in the mile high city especially when the home team wins.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Finished my Quest: Dodgers Stadium

 Success achieved! I went to all 30 MLB parks as of 2024.  I visited Dodgers stadium (1962), the 3rd oldest behind Wrigley (1914)  and Fenwa...